Defense Information Systems Agency
Southland Industries provided design-build services including HVAC, plumbing, and building automation systems for the new DISA headquarters complex. With approximately 4,200 tenants occupying the new headquarters, DISA offers IT services and capabilities that enable our nation’s military to accomplish their missions.
The complex houses several defense functions, including the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations, Deployable Joint Command and Control Program Office, and the Joint Tactical Radio System Program Office.
- The facility has 750,000 SF of Class ‘A’ office space, 212,000 SF of common and support spaces and 108,000 SF of data center space.
- The project consists of a three office buildings, a common building, warehouse and lab building. The common area includes a cafeteria, kitchen, fitness center, health clinic, auditorium, and a conference center.
- A central corridor connects all of the facilities for utility and delivery distribution.
Actual annual energy savings:
- $768,103 per year.
- Peak demand savings of 1.1 MW.
- Total demand savings of 8.0 MW.
- 22.9% energy savings versus ASHRAE 90.1.
Energy savings were independently verified after the energy rebate was awarded under BG&E’s Customized Energy Efficiency program. A third party gathered operational building data and the energy model was adjusted to reflect operational conditions. This calibration period occurred before full occupancy, therefore, causing a slight reduction in overall energy savings with full building occupancy.